A typical day in Nursery
Everyday in Nursery is different however, a typical day at The Flying Start Nursery would include:
- Welcome to Nursery! Through self-registration, name writing, looking at the day of the week, the weather and going through our phoneme & number of the week.
- Child initiated provision throughout free flow between the indoor and outdoor environment.
- A small group led session such as Phonics, which all children will participate in.
- Additional free flow indoor and outdoor provision where the staff will work closely with the children in adult-led groups as well as observing the children leading their own learning, which allows for assessments to be made.
- There will be time for enrichment activities to be delivered - such as cooking or P.E.
- As well as some adult-led groups to discuss, explore and learn though our big enquiry question.
- All Nursery children sit together in the school hall for lunch. After lunch, there is time to play and explore in our outdoor area.
- Small group led sessions such as Maths for all children to participate in.
- To finish our day, we always ensure we share a story and children participate in a rhyme time.