A typical day in Nursery
Everyday in Nursery is different however, a typical day at The Flying Start Nursery would include:
- Welcome to Nursery! We all come together to explore the weather, day of the week and run through our daily timetable.
- Following this, the children get to explore our provision throughout free flow between the indoor and outdoor environment.
- A small group led session such as Phonics, which all children will participate in takes place each morning.
- Additional free flow indoor and outdoor provision where the staff will work closely with the children in adult-led groups as well as observing the children leading their own learning, which allows for assessments to be made.
- There will be time for enrichment activities to be delivered - such as cooking or P.E. On occasion, these will take place during the afternoons.
- To finish our morning, we often come together to sing along with Mr Smart and his ukulele practising our favourite nursery rhymes.
- Afterwards, all of the Nursery children sit together in the school hall for lunch, eating either packed lunch or hot school dinners. After we've eaten, there is time to play and explore in our outdoor area.
- During the afternoon, small group led sessions such as Maths are delivered for all children to participate in.
- There are more opportunities for child-initiated learning through free flow play as well as some adult-led groups to discuss, explore and learn though our big enquiry question.
- To finish our day, we always ensure we share a story and children participate in a rhyme time.