A typical day at Nursery would include:
- Welcome to Nursery! We all come together to explore the weather, day of the week and run through our daily timetable.
- Following this, we discuss our enquiry question during a whole class group time and explore our weekly learning.
- After the children get to explore our provision, having time to access both the indoor and outdoor environment.
- There will be time for enrichment activities to be delivered - such as cooking or P.E. On occasion, these will take place during the afternoons.
- Once free-flow or enrichment has finished, the children participate in a small group led session such as Phonics or Maths, these are in smaller groups led by the Nursery staff.
- To finish our morning, we come together to join in with a singing session, practising our favourite nursery rhymes or our chosen rhyme of the week.
- Afterwards, all of the Nursery children sit together in the school hall for lunch, eating either packed lunch or hot school dinners. After we've eaten, there is time to play and explore on the outdoor playground.
- Once we have completed our register, the children participate in a whole class session of dough disco.
- Following this, there are more opportunities for child-initiated learning through free flow play within our environment.
- Towards the end of the afternoon, our second group time session of the day will take place, either Phonics or Maths, again in a small group.
- Finally, before finishing the day, we always ensure we share our story of the week with the children.