In the grid below I have updated the wider curriculum activities from last week there are now fourteen wider curriculum activities for you to complete over the next 5 days. Some subjects have the same activities and some have changed. Just as last week if a subject has more than one task you are more than welcome to spend a couple of days completing the task.
I have also added 5 Easter themed activities at the bottom of the page which you can also complete in addition to the ones in the grid.
Egg Decorating Competition, for Art I thought it would be nice for the children to decorate their own egg. The best one will receive a certificate. If you email me the eggs I will add them to the website daily so that the children can look at each others.
Easter Activity 1 - Making Easter Nests
To make chocolate nests:
- Add 100g of butter, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 50g milk chocolate buttons and 75g of golden syrup in a bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1.5mins and mix together.
- Crumble 4 Shredded Wheat/ Cornflakes / Rice Krispies over the bowl and mix with rest of ingredients.
- Place a generous spoonful in each of 12 bun case (the nests).
- Press the centre of each nest down slightly to form a dip and place 3 chocolate mini eggs in each dip.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Activity 2 - Egg and Spoon Race.
Parents you know what to do!!
Activity 3 - Easter Cards
Your child’s thumbprint is the prefect size to create a cute chick shape! Add as many as you like directly to your card or create them on a piece of coloured paper and glue them to your card, like these cards below.
Add beaks, feet and eyes using a marker. You can add bunnies using grey or pink paint and decorate them with ears and feet!
Of course you can make your own - I have just added this for inspiration.
Activity 4 - Thumb-Bunny
Use your thumb print dipped in paint for the head, and your other finger prints to form the rest of the body.